St. Mary's County Application
|Login / Create Account|
Applications are currently being accepted.
The St. Mary’s County Department of Economic Development focuses on multiple strategic areas to build a stronger, more resilient, innovation-driven economy in St. Mary's County, Maryland. This department will evaluate proposals.
St. Mary’s County COVID-19 Small Business and Non-Profit Relief Fund Application
St. Mary’s County recognizes that the COVID-19 pandemic has caused an economic hardship for many small businesses and non-profit agencies. To provide local relief from this hardship, St. Mary’s County has established a COVID-19 Small Business and Non-Profit Relief Fund to support businesses and agencies during this time.
Grants will be provided to support certain small businesses and non-profit agencies countywide that have realized a significant financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. A business or non-profit with 15 or less employees is eligible for a grant of $6,000 and a business or non-profit with 16 to 30 employees is eligible for a grant of $8,500 (grant amount not to exceed average two months of revenue; 15 or less employees minimum annual income-$30,000, 16 to 30 employees minimum annual income-$45,000).
Grants may be used for working capital to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses, or other similar expenses that occur in the ordinary course of business incurred between March 15, 2020 and December 30, 2020.
In order to qualify for this grant, the business or non-profit must:
Have experienced at least a 30% reduction in revenue due to a closure or limited operations as a result of COVID19; non-profit must have experienced at least a 30% reduction in excess revenues over expenses as a result of COVID-19
- Have 30 or less Full Time Equivalent Employees
Have annual revenues under $3 million
Have been in operation continuously since March 1, 2019
Be current on all County tax liabilities (paid in full)
Have no outstanding/open code enforcement issues
Be in good standing with the State of Maryland
Be based in St. Mary’s County
*Applications must include the documents described below:
1. Documentation reflecting at least a 30% loss of revenue due to Covid-19 beginning on or around March 15, 2020 through May 30, 2020:
• Monthly Profit and Loss statements showing a drop-in revenues for a 10 week period; (or excess revenue over expenses for non-profits) (profit and loss statements between March 15, 2020-December 30, 2020 compared to profit and loss statements for the same period of time in 2019 or compared to profit and loss statements from January 1, 2020-March 14, 2020); OR
• Other verifiable method to prove the loss.
2. Full year Profit and Loss Statements (2018 is acceptable if 2019 is not available) that shows less than $3 million in revenues. (grant amount not to exceed average two months of revenue; 15 or less employees minimum annual income-$30,000, 16 to 30 employees minimum annual income-$45,000).
3. Copy of most recent year of business tax returns filed (first two pages only) or for non-profits a copy of most recent I-990 filed
4. Copy of most recent Form 941 - Quarterly Federal Tax Return Part 1 (showing # of employees); Copy of most recent Form Schedule C for Sole Proprietorship
5. Completed and signed W-9 (version dated October 2018) Link to fillable W-9
6. Signed Grant Agreement (Available for download during application submission process. Signed agreement does not guarantee funding.)
7. Certificate of Good Standing from the State of Maryland OR proof of ACTIVE status of sole proprietorship from the State of Maryland. Visit https://dat.maryland.gov/businesses/Pages/Internet-Certificate-of-Status.aspx to view status.
Proof of status with the State of Maryland may be provided via screenshot or printed from the webpage.
8. Completed St. Mary’s County Direct Deposit Form. (Available for download during application submission process.)
*Include any other documentation not listed that may affect your eligibility for the program.
If you have questions about the grant program, please email Kellie.Hinkle@StMarysMD.com or call 240-925-7178