St. Mary's County Application
|Login / Create Account|
COVID-19 Hotel Relief Fund ROUND TWO
The St. Mary’s County Department of Economic Development focuses on multiple strategic areas to build a stronger, more resilient, innovation-driven economy in St. Mary's County, Maryland. This department will evaluate proposals.
***Not Accepting Applications At This Time***
DEADLINE to apply is 5pm on Friday, April 23, 2021.
St. Mary’s County recognizes that the COVID-19 pandemic has caused economic hardship for many small businesses. To provide local relief from this hardship, St. Mary’s County has activated the Hotel Relief Fund for hotels and bed and breakfast businesses.
The Hotel Relief Fund will have a maximum budget of $189,000. The goal is to provide grants to support as many St. Mary's County based lodging establishments as possible.
At the end of the three-week application period, total grant funding ($189,000) will be divided proportionately amongst the qualified and complete applications received, with individual awards not to exceed $25,000.
Grants may be used for:
- Normal operating costs, such as rent, payroll, job training, taxes, debt service, or similar costs
- Purchase of PPE, sanitization services, or other COVID-19 related costs
Grants may NOT be used for:
- Costs outside normal operating costs
- Purchase of equipment and soft goods not directly related to COVID-19 prevention
- Infrastructure improvements not directly related to COVID-19 prevention
- Technology upgrades not directly related to COVID-19 prevention
Lodging establishments must be in good standing with the State of Maryland, St. Mary’s County Department of Land Use and Growth Management, Office of the Treasurer and St. Mary's County Department of Finance.
Additional eligibility requirements:
- Be primarily engaged in activities in accordance with the North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS Code):
- NAICS Code 721110 (Hotels (except Casino Hotels) and Motels) or NAICS Code 721191 (Bed-and-Breakfast Inns);
- Current (paid in full) FY21 St. Mary's County Accomodations Tax
- Be in good standing with the State of Maryland
- Be in good standing with St. Mary's County
- Demonstrate a need for assistance
NEW round of the Hotel Relief Fund gives priority to entities that DID NOT receive funding during the previous round of the Hotel Relief Fund.
If you submitted an application in a previous round, log in using the same credentials, upload a new grant agreement, answer additional qualifying questions and SUBMIT the new application.
- Completed St. Mary’s County Direct Deposit Form. (link provided in application)
- A signed grant agreement will be required as part of the application to streamline the process. The signed agreement does not guarantee funding. (link provided in application)
- Completed and signed W-9 (version dated October 2018). Visit https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf for a fillable W-9.
- Certificate of Good Standing from the State of Maryland OR proof of ACTIVE status of sole proprietorship from the State of Maryland. Visit https://egov.maryland.gov/BusinessExpress/EntitySearch to view status. Proof of status with the State of Maryland may be provided via screenshot or printed from the webpage.
- For additional information please refer to FAQs
If you have a question or technical problems please contact Kellie S. Hinkle at Kellie.Hinkle@StMarysMD.com