St. Mary's County Application
|Login / Create Account|
The St. Mary’s County Department of Economic Development focuses on multiple strategic areas to build a stronger, more resilient, innovation-driven economy in St. Mary's County, Maryland. This department will evaluate proposals.
Waitlist applications are now being accepted.
St. Mary’s County recognizes that the COVID-19 pandemic has caused economic hardship for many small businesses. To provide local relief from this hardship, St. Mary’s County has activated the second round of the Restaurant Relief Fund for full service and carryout restaurants, caterers, food trucks and bars that serve food.
The second round of the grant program will have a maximum budget of $470,000. The goal is to provide grants to support as many St. Mary's County based food service establishments as possible.
Round two of the Restaurant Relief Fund is open to entities that DID NOT receive funding ($10,000) during the first round of the Restaurant Relief Fund.
Grants may be used for
- working capital, such as rent, payroll, and job training,
- purchase of equipment and services to expand outdoor dining, such as tents, heaters, warmers, and carts,
- infrastructure improvements, such as HVAC system upgrades,
- technology to support carryout and delivery,
- purchase of PPE and disposable food containers or utensils, sanitation services, etc.
Restaurants must be in good standing with the State of Maryland, St. Mary’s County Department of Land Use and Growth Management, Office of the Treasurer and Health Department.
- Completed St. Mary’s County Direct Deposit Form.
- A signed grant agreement will be required as part of the application to streamline the process. The signed agreement does not guarantee funding.
- Completed and signed W-9 (version dated October 2018). Visit https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf for a fillable W-9.
- Certificate of Good Standing from the State of Maryland OR proof of ACTIVE status of sole proprietorship from the State of Maryland. Visit https://egov.maryland.gov/BusinessExpress/EntitySearch to view status. Proof of status with the State of Maryland may be provided via screenshot or printed from the webpage.
- Copy of valid, up to date food service license issued by the St. Mary’s County Health Department.