Where Good Ideas Take Flight
In and around the St Mary's County airport a unique district is in development - the AeroPark Innovation District. AeroPark is home to a diverse group of players including:
- The regional airport and associated general aviation hangars
- University System of Maryland at Southern Maryland existing facilities with the addition of the new Smart building,
- University of Maryland Unmanned Aerial System Test Site
- TechPort business accelerator
- A wide range of specialized aviation and aeronautic companies
- The Wildewood Professional and Technology Park and retail areas
- The industrial area along Airport View Drive.
AeroPark Innovation District
Proposed AeroPark layout creating a compact, mixed-use core to attract top firms, workers and residents while leveraging development of the area to promote research, foster new technology and boost new and expanding business.